NYC AAZK Meeting Minutes: September 22, 2017 – Congo Movie Theatre, Bronx Zoo
In attendance: Gabrielle Rosato, Jessica Chin, Brent Atkinson, Joe Borsellino, Omara Aviles, Joe Nappi
Carolyn Rezckalla, Guests: Sol (FOZ) + Guest, Leanne
National Zoo Keeper Week:
- Thank you to all the keepers and staff that helped out to make this event a success!
- New Social Media glasses utilized to present keeper stories, great reception
- Silent Auction in new location in Schiff Hall made approximately $1000 for the chapter
Bowling for Rhinos:
- $2,500 profit for the event
- Our overhead is eating into a lot of our profits. New ideas for next year? New location?
- Extra Special thanks to Amy for stepping in to head Bowling for Rhinos after Taylor left WCS
- Thank you to Sarah, and all the volunteers that helped out the night of the event!
Hurricane Relief Movie Night Fundraiser:
- $300 raised, which will be donated to AZA’s Hurricane Harvey & Irma Employee Relief Fud
- This money will help out zoo staff affected by the hurricanes in Texas and Florida
- Thank you to all who came out to the movie night and helped raise money!
Thursday October 12: Beach Clean-up
- Orchard Beach. Planning being coordinated by Lauren Del Grosso
Thursday October 19: Croctoberfest
- Gunhill Brewery. Planning being coordinated by Reptile Department
Monday November 13: Alamo Drafthouse Movie Night (tentative date)
- Movie selection to be voted on (need to pick a movie already out on DVD to keep the cost down)
- 26 seat theatre will be rented out exclusively for AAZK
December: AAZK Executive Team Elections
- We have several positions opening up this year. Think about running! Our team will guide you!
- We will need a new treasurer and secretary this upcoming year
2017 Donations to Date:
- $300 to Trees for You and Me reforestation campaign
- $300 to AZA Hurricane Relief Fund
- $360 to the Foundation for the Conservation of Salamanders
- $500 to WCS Pakistan Program
- $2,565 Bowling for Rhinos Fund